Sunday, October 19, 2014

Relapse

Last month, on September 6, I relapsed. I immediately spiraled into out-of-control binge drinking once again, and within a week I was in a hospital detoxing. I stopped eating, showering, drinking water, and ceased doing anything else to take care of myself. I almost died twice in less than three weeks, and the final time I went to the hospital my B.A.C. was over .45 coupled with the fact that I had consumed 15 mg of Ativan that was prescribed to me after my previous hospitalization. After roughly three weeks, I woke up in a treatment center with no knowledge of how I got there or what had taken place anytime before that moment. Again.

I just discharged today, and I am now going to try to use high-dose Baclofen therapy to save my own life. This is my last chance at survival. I am documenting this in a vain attempt to help others. Alcoholism has proven so devastating, so horrific, that I simply do not know what else to do. I am going to die if I can't maintain complete abstinence from alcohol and other drugs. I doubt hardly anyone will ever read this, but to those few who do stumble on this blog, I hope you find it helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment