Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 23

DOSE: 80 mg Baclofen (Brand name Fexobac) (20/20/20/20).

OTHER MEDICATION(S): Multivitamin (1 tablet). Omega 3 Fish Oil (1 capsule).

SIDE EFFECTS: Mood changes; somnolence; slightly decreased alcohol cravings.

Haven't posted in a little while. I've noticed a slight decrease in my motivation to get things done. Also, this morning and afternoon I was in a terrible mood, and found myself extremely stressed out over seemingly minor situations. A few days ago I bought a new car, which was a hellish process but I absolutely love my new vehicle! However I think the baclofen has made me hyper-sensitive to stressful situations, and over the weekend I noticed a strong desire to drink. The feeling came back again this morning, so I'm a bit frightened because that's usually how I feel before I relapse. I'm still sober though, and I'll have two months sober on the 20th! Also, I play on an intramural soccer team, and my leg muscles started cramping continuously to the point that I couldn't even play the game. I have to assume this is also a side effect of baclofen. My sleep is still good other than the fact that I wake up early in the morning (not early to most people, around 6 a.m.), and I'm unable to fall back asleep once I wake up. My kitty is doing well. She runs around constantly now and bugs the hell out of me. All in all I'm still optimistic about reaching a state of indifference toward alcohol through high-dose baclofen. Tomorrow I'll be increasing my dose to 90 mg. I've slowed my titration to an increase of 10 mg every four days, and if I continue to feel tired during the day I will slow it even more. The side effects are not nearly as bad as several other users have reported, so I'm happy about that. Anyways, just wanted to post an update. Alcohol cravings are most definitely not gone, but I only experience them in situations of high stress. During usual day-to-day activities, I have noticed that I'm hardly ever thinking about alcohol. I'll post more in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment