Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day 14

DOSE: 60 mg Baclofen (15/15/15/15).

OTHER MEDICATION(S): Multivitamin (1 tablet). Omega 3 Fish Oil (1 capsule).

SIDE EFFECTS: Slight mood changes; headache; slightly decreased alcohol cravings.

These past few days have been quite an emotional roller-coaster. On Wednesday night my car broke down as I was driving home to watch Game 7 of the World Series (I'm a huge San Francisco Giants fan), and I would later come to find out that my transmission is busted and it's a $1700 repair. So needless to say I've been pretty stressed out about that. I was forced to miss my IOP appointment on Thursday due to my lack of transportation, and began to experience some increased cravings and anxiety. Many people have experienced a "honeymoon" effect with baclofen, where their cravings completely disappear at the beginning but begin to return after a little while. That has been my experience to some extent. I'm still sober, which is all that matters, but I have noticed some increased anxiety and an increased desire to drink. However these feelings have been in no way overwhelming. I felt pretty jealous last night as I watched everyone celebrate Halloween while I sat at home, sober, feeling incapable of participating. I just chalked this holiday up as a loss and figure that I'll have a bunch more Halloweens once I've maintained sobriety for a considerable period of time. Anyways, I'm up to 60 mg and not experiencing hardly any negative side effects from baclofen. The only things I've noticed are that my bruxism (jaw clenching) may actually be getting worse due to baclofen, and I find myself unable to go back to sleep when I wake up, and I'm typically waking up around 7 a.m. All that's important to me is my sobriety, and for now I have successfully maintained that. Oh, on a completely random note, I adopted a kitten today in an impulsive act of foolishness, but I think she will have quite a bit of therapeutic value once I get used to having a little critter running around. I'm still optimistic about the future, and looking forward to my continued journey with baclofen.

No comments:

Post a Comment